We Help Early Learning Child Care Providers Increase Enrollment, Improve Profits per Child and Foster Community Relationships
Montessori Schools, Preschools, Day Care, Private Schools, Family Home, Religious Exempt, Churches, Child Care Centers from 1 to 500+ students, Children Entertainment Centers and Special Care Centers.
Visit Focus Efforts Early Learning Group’s consulting website at www.focusefforts.org
Visit Our Substitute Preschool Staffing website at Staffingpad.com
From start up and expansion of your business to turning around failing centers, we can help you strategically plan your business model, assist you with getting funding, and then attracting parents to enroll into your center. Often we ask our clients to consider the following Seven (7) items to assist us in developing their strategic business plan and tactical deployment.
- The geographic and demographic market area that the center will serve. Factors that influence its size include number of children under age 6, drive times, rentals vs long term residents, income levels, patterns of travel to work, competition, psychological barriers, and type of employment.
- Clear and Unique Value Proposition as why to choose you versus another center.
- Know the Competition in your area who provide similar services like a church, other centers, etc. and the market need for another center
- Fair Value Market rates for child care in the area and the quality of care associated with the different pricing
- Available assistance for families such as VPK, Head Start, etc.
- Obtained proper licensing and background checks for Director, the facility and the employees such as teachers, cooks, and others
- Previous child care business experience and managing employees
At Focus Enterprises, Inc. we can assist you and your center through:
- Starting a new business or opening a second location
- Creating a culture and environment where children and parents will want to be
- Establishing long term loyalty programs and referral networks
- Increasing enrollment
- Teacher and Director training on customer service, marketing, business operations and relationships
- Improving profits and revenues per child enrolled
- Developing community relationships to help improve your value to local neighborhood
- Organize and improve operations of the child care administration efforts